What press staff do you belong in? Quiz

Back to Article
Back to Article

What press staff do you belong in? Quiz

UHSpress staff collaborating on a photography project. Photo by Jordan McKendrick

uhspress

UHSpress is the combined news and yearbook program at University High School in Orange City, Florida. Students on both staffs spend their time in and out of the classroom telling the stories of their community through articles, photography and video that appear in their yearbook, news magazine, news website and social media platforms.

Scholastic press programs like this offer students opportunities unlike any other program available on campus. While full of real responsibilities and deadlines that cannot be missed, students also have an authentic audience for their work and a purpose for each piece published through UHSpress. They also learn important life skills that make them better prepared for college and the workplace. The national and state award and recognition opportunities and many chances for volunteer hours also help students become better college candidates.

UHSpress applications are distributed around March of each school year for the following year. Students who want to be considered during this process should tell their guidance counselor when they sign up for classes. Only a select number of students can be accepted onto each staff. This year, our applications will be run digitally, and we are opening up a junior staff for students who have taken journalism 1 but aren’t quite ready to join official staff yet.

Questions can be directed to [email protected]

[viralQuiz id=14]