Top 13 Movies To Watch Before Halloween
I think we can all agree that Halloween is a spooky time of year. Some of us love Halloween and some of don’t. Some of us like to watch the scary movies that normal people should be scared of and others like to get in the Halloween spirit without hiding under the blankets surrounded by popcorn. I have a list of the best movies, for all types of Halloween people, to watch around Halloween time.
- Gremlins – Released back in 1984, this is definitely an old time favorite. The “Gremlins” are odd looking creatures. They look like a cute newfound pet to one boy, but when they escape and explore the town, they aren’t so cute and cuddly anymore.
- The Nightmare Before Christmas – This claymation movie from 1993 is a Halloween favorite. With all the spooky-looking characters, this is definitely one to give you the creeps without scaring you too much.
- Wes Craven’s New Nightmare – I this all the scary movie fanatics can agree that the Nightmare movies are a favorite. Throughout the movies, Freddy haunts teenagers in their dreams. This causes the kids to not want to sleep in fear of their life. They then get sleep deprivation and hallucinate. And everything just goes downhill from there.
- Saw 3 – Saw movies are not for the faint at heart. They are gory and bloody. But if you are into that then go for it. The Saw movies are about a group of people who get kidnapped and are forced to play a violent game. If they choose not to play, that’s the end of the game for them. And I don’t mean that in a pleasant way.
- Zodiac – Zodiac is based off of the “Zodiac Killer” who was an infamous serial killer from northern California in the 1960’s – 70’s. This film was released in 2007. This movie is about the serial killer “Zodiac” who taunts the police. More specifically, the political cartoonist. But, you have to watch the movie to see how it ends.
- The Number 23 – The Number 23, starring Jim Carrey, is about a man who finds an interesting looking book. He then begins to read this book.While reading he sees that the man who wrote it is crazy which causes him to become crazy. He becomes obsessed with the number 23 and anything having to do with 23. The movie ends with him finding the authors old apartment. The number is inscribed all over the room. He then is showed in a hospital being cared for after this psychotic break.
- Coraline – Although Coraline is rated PG, there are some very creepy moments in this movie. I would watch this movie all the time growing up. This movie is about a girl who becomes trapped in another worl. In this world, she finds her “mother” who tries to sew her eyes. Luckily, Coraline escapes back to her real world. But her parents never even knew she was gone because the time that had elapsed was one a few minutes.
- Spooky Buddies – This one is for the people who want to be in thr Halloween spirit without actually getting scared. Spooky Buddies is about 6 golden retriever puppies that are in their little Hallowee costumes and go on an adventure. This adventure takes them through a haunted mansion. They get spooked but come out in the end braver than ever.
- Curse of Chucky – Chucky. We have all heard of him. The demented doll who likes to attack people. This movie in the series is about a girl whos mother mysteriously died, and she believes that the doll her niece has been playing with may be the key to what happened.
- The Houses October Built – I myself have never seen this movie but there are some good reviews. This movie is about 5 friends who are stalked by a group of mysterious and disturbed individuals while on a road trip looking for the ultimate haunted house attraction. I mean comeon. After hearing that, you have to watch it.
- Goosebumps – Goosebumps is definitely an amazing movie. It is another one that is better for those who don’t want to be terrified. This is about a boy and his mother who move to a small town. They move next to an odd man with his daughter. They boy sees this girl and slightly falls for her. As days go by, he doesn’t see her very much. But one day he goes over there and goes inside. He sees a whole collection of the R.L. Stein Goosebumps originals. The girl scares him, causing him to jump and knock over some of the books. The books them come to like. From this point on it is the girl, her dad, the Jack Black, and the boy trying to get all of the characters that got out back into their books. This doesn’t go to well, so R.L. Stein has to write a new book to get all of the monsters back into one book, including the girl. The boy goes back to school and after a while, he sees a familiar face. It’s the girl.
- Be Afraid – This movie is perfect for those who believe in the supernatural. It is about a family that moves to a small town and starts to witness some strange things. Throughout the movie, you see a disturbing storyline start to develop. But the end of the movie, you will think twice about going out and partying with friends and doing dares to impress people.
- Death Note – Death Note is one of those movies that you never know what is gonna happen next. This movie is about a book with a very detailed list of instructions. If you follow the instructions correctly, the book is a success. But, you are just going to have to watch the movie to see what actually happens.
Most of these movies aren’t for the faint at heart. But there are a couple for the ones who want to be in the Halloween spirit without being completely scared. Unless you’re willing to venture outside of your comfort zone and try to take them on. So, what do ya say? Are you ready?