God knows what Walt Disney was thinking building the most popular theme parks in the world in one of the hottest places in the United States, our beloved central Florida. With the unpredictable thunderstorms that happen every single day to the unbelievable 100 degree weather that makes you melt within the first 10 minutes of being in the park, trying to have a good time in a theme park during the summer time is a tough task. But having these essential items will make your “magical” time at Disney that much better.
- Backpack: you’ll more than likely be at the park for a majority of the day( I recommend getting there right at opening, you’ll be able to get more rides in by doing that) so you’ll need a trusty backpack to carry around all your other essential items to help you survive the killer Florida heat.
- Umbrella: Like I said, it rains every day during the summer and you never really know at what time the sky will just open up and pour on you. Having an umbrella or even a rain jacket will help you avoid walking around in soaking wet clothes for the rest of the day.
- Water Bottle ( preferably a reusable one): staying hydrated is probably the most important thing while doing anything especially during the summer. Having a water bottle on hand at theme parks not only prevents you from passing out from dehydration but also from spending $10 on a water bottle from one of the extremely overly priced stores.
- Sunglasses: trust me, these bad boys are more helpful than you would think. Scrunching your face all day because the relentless sun just won’t stop shining isn’t the most fun thing to do in the world, and rather exhausting honestly. Sunglasses will make your life way easier trust me, they’re also great for people watching(just saying).
- Perfume/Body mist: It’s Florida guys, you’re gonna sweat. Do us all a favor and bring some type of perfume, body mist, lotion, deodorant, etc. to help cover up the smell.
- Snack: food at theme parks isn’t cheap. Give your wallet a break and bring yourself some snacks
- MONEYYYYYY: Treat yourself! That’s all I have to say.
- Camera: Lastly you’re gonna be making memories, do yourself a favor and capture them!
So, get out there and enjoy your time at Disney! After all, it is the most magical place on earth!