Although Thanksgiving is upon us and there is much to be anticipated, we can sometimes lose track of time on the busy day, resulting in forgetting to make a dish for the feast. No worries, though; here is an apple tart recipe which is quick and easy to make, even for those who happen to procrastinate or are not as good at baking as others.
- 1 sheet of puff pastry (thawed)
- 2 whole Gala or Granny Smith apples
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1-2 tblsp. melted butter
- Preheat your oven to 415 degrees.
- Peel, core, halve, and slice the two apples.
- In a small to medium bowl, combine your apple slices, brown sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt.
- Place your puff pastry onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Halve your puff pastry sheet.
- Spread melted butter onto the tops of each half.
- Arrange your apple slices in a line on each puff pastry half (be sure the apple slices overlap!).
- Fold over the edges of the puff pastry and press down the edges to be secured. Use more melted butter if needed.
- Spread left over melted butter onto folded over edges.
- Bake for about 15-18 minutes until golden brown. Let cool for a couple minutes once done.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream (optional).
This is a quick, convenient, and tasty recipe perfect for the holidays, especially with Thanksgiving right around the corner. Whether you bake this yourself or someone you know does, it is sure to be a hit at any dinner.