Holiday crafts to spice up the season
It’s the most wonderful time of year! The holidays are coming up and there’s a warm feeling in the air. You may have already started planning what holiday activities you want to do with your friends and family. Or maybe you are planning what activities you can do to help avoid your friends and family. Either way, you can easily squeeze crafting into your holiday schedule! There are so many crafts you can easily make to brighten up the season. Here are a few to help you get started!
“Stained Glass” cookies
Have a holiday party coming up? Relatives coming in town for the holidays and you want to impress them with how amazing you are at baking? Need a quick snack to eat while binging on holiday movies? Well, these are the cookies for you! With a sweet and soft sugar cookie with a tart center of Jolly Rangers, how could you go wrong? Not only are they delicious, they are also extremely gorgeous. They are sure to impress anyone who sees them, even your judgmental family members who think everything is always wrong. With a prep time of 20-25 minutes, this cookies are simple, tasty and breathtaking.
Sugar Cookie Mix
1 bag of Jolly Rangers
1/2 stick of butter (for sugar cookie mix)
1 egg (for sugar cookie mix)
- Prepare your sugar cookie mix. Combine mix with water, the 1/2 stick of butter and the egg. Mix until it completely combine
- Gather dough into a ball and chill for 15 minutes
- Meanwhile, place each color Jolly Ranger into a separate bag. Start crushing them by pounding it with a rolling pin or another kitchen utensil.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper
- Remove dough from fridge and start creating fun shapes with large cookie cutters, making sure you also put in a hole in the middle.
- Put cookies in the oven for 6 minutes and then remove from the oven.
- Once out, add the crushes candy in the middle of the cookie and put in the oven for another 4-5 minutes.
- Pull them out and let them cool for a couple of minutes
DIY Holiday Wreaths
The holiday season is the best time for decorating. Add your own little spin by creating your own wreath. It doesn’t matter what you celebrate, you can make a wreath to fit any holiday or event. You can liven up any door with a simple wreath, welcoming all who come to visit.
A styrofoam ring
Fabric of any color to wrap around
A hot glue gun
- Get out your supplies and styroform ring
- Literally whatever you want. You can wrap fabric around the ring or you can put glitter all around it. You can glue decorations to it or you can paint it. Go nuts!
Just because we live in Florida, doesn’t mean we get to miss out the joy of snow. Faux snow is a perfect way to recreate the feeling of snow and feel as though you are in a winter wonderland. You make enough to set up a snowball fight with your friends and the best part is, it won’t melt! Another added bonus is that if you have some unused snow left over, you can wash your hair with it. It’s the perfect project for anyone this holiday!
6 oz of Hair Conditioner
2 cups Baking soda
- Combine ingredients until they resemble snow
- Optional: if you really want the actual feeling of snow, stick this in the refridge for a bit to make it a little bit colder.
These fun, family-friendly crafts can be created in less than 20 minutes each. Take the initiative to spread joy this holiday season while you decorate your home or office, top to bottom! In addition, make sure to clean up all the remaining parts of your December experiments so you can avoid later mishap’s. Happy holidays!